Career and Graduate School Information
- AcademicKeys: Job postings for academic jobs.
- After Graduation: Career options and preparing for graduate school
- The Alchemist’s Lair: This site has a good section on possible careers in chemistry and how to prepare for them.
- Alumni Careers
- American Chemical Society
- Careers in Chemistry: A list of careers open to chemistry majors.
- Careers in Science and Engineering: A publication from the National Academy of Science discussing possible career paths and how to prepare for the career of your dreams.
- Chemistry department websites: This page is a great resource for learning about graduate programs in chemistry at universities across the United States.
- Finding a job: PowerPoint presentation prepared by the department for graduate students
- New Scientist Jobs[/dropdown_box]
Environmental Health and Safety
- Safety forms: A range of other forms are available at the Office of Environmental Health and Safety website
Resources for Graduate Students
– Departmental resources
- Graduate student handbook
- Courses counting for major area: For each division the graduate courses that can be counted as being in major are listed.
- 2017-18 Cumulative Exam Schedule
- Suggested plan of study: Outline of courses and research hours for which you should register.
– University resources
- Graduate catalog
- Graduate School website
- Graduate School forms
- Graduate Degree Requirements
- Requirements for becoming an Alabama resident
- Thesis/dissertation manual
Resources for Undergraduate Students
- Academic Advising
- Chemistry Tutors
- Degree requirements (summary)
- UA Undergraduate Catalog