The department gratefully acknowledges two major gifts from donors that will support chemistry and biochemistry faculty and students.
Mary Virginia Jackson, who earned a BS in Chemistry in 1948 from UA, left a $715,000 gift in her estate to establish a scholarship fund for undergraduate and graduate chemistry students in financial need.
Lowell and Doris Kispert have donated $200,000 to establish a lecture series in Physical Chemistry and provide an instrumentation support fund. Dr. Lowell Kispert was a faculty member in in chemistry from 1968-2008 and served as the chair of the department. His research focused on the use of EPR spectroscopy to study electron transfer in carotenoids.