I’m interested in a career in chemistry, which track is best for me?

Students who may consider going to graduate school in chemistry or taking a job as a chemist after completing their BS degree should pursue either the ACS-certified BS track (chemistry or biochemistry). These degrees will provide students with the intensive chemistry knowledge expected by chemistry graduate schools and employers. Students interested in careers in chemistry should generally not follow the pre-health track. Since this track does not include advanced courses in inorganic, physical, and analytical chemistry, students with the pre-health major will not have all of the necessary prerequisites for graduate school and will be less marketable as chemists on the job market.