- Advising Information for Chemistry Majors
- Prerequisite Override Request Form
- Advising Worksheet: Have ready for your meeting with your advisor prior to registration
- Chemistry majors: Contact Dr. Kevin Shaughnessy, Director of Undergraduate Studies, email@example.com, (205) 348-4435.
- Nonmajors: Contact the A&S Student Services Center.
Plans of Study
Career & Graduate School
Research Experiences and Internships
- ACS Get Experience: List of undergraduate research experiences, internships, co-op opportunities and more
- NSF REU sites: Search for summer research opportunities in a variety of science fields at colleges across the country
- After Graduation: career options and preparing for graduate school
- Alumni Careers
- Careers in Chemistry: a list of careers open to chemistry majors
- Careers in Science and Engineering: a publication from the National Academy of Science discussing possible career paths and how to prepare for the career of your dreams
- The Alchemist’s Lair: This site has a good section on possible careers in chemistry and how to prepare for them.
- Chemistry department websites: This page is a great resource for learning about graduate programs in chemistry at universities across the United States.
- American Chemical Society